Designed specifically for business professionals and community members interested in serving on a nonprofit board, this half-day in-person workshop will explain the roles, responsibilities, and expectations involved.
Apply to attend for free, courtesy of our friends at Vitalyst Health Foundation.
Whether you are thinking about committing to board service or already serve on a board, this workshop will give you the tools you need to be effective in your role. Business On Board (BOB) is designed to teach professionals and community members what they need to know before joining a nonprofit board or to give a much-needed refresher to current board members and other organization leaders. Expert speakers provide attendees with critical knowledge about nonprofit board service, including:
- An overview of nonprofits impact
- The Fiduciary role of board members
- The Legal Role of board members
- The Fundraising Role of board members
Attend a Business on Board Training Course
The program is offered in multiple formats depending on audience:
- Community Business On Board: These half-day, virtual workshops are open for anyone to attend ($59 for Alliance Members, $89 for Non-Members).
- Private Business On Board: Small, medium, or large nonprofits or corporations can opt to hold a private Business On Board training for their board members. These sessions can be tailored to include information about the organization's volunteer or board service goals and objectives. We also offer a half-day "refresher" or customized courses for organizations whose employees/board already have some nonprofit experience, but who want to learn new trends, current best practices and new tips for effective leadership.
Click Here for additional details and pricing of private workshops. If you are interested in holding a Business On Board training, please contact Michael Barry, Director of Capacity Building at firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming Community Business on Board Trainings
Click Here to view the Alliance Calendar for upcoming workshops, or fill out the form below to receive a personal notification for our next scheduled session: