Business On Board
Business On Board is designed to teach professionals and community members what they need to know before joining a nonprofit board or to give a much-needed refresher to current board members and other organization leaders. Expert speakers provide attendees with critical knowledge about nonprofit board service, including:
- An overview of nonprofits and their impact
- Basics of board roles & responsibilities
- The Fiduciary role of board members
- The Legal Role of board members, and
- The Fundraising Role of board members
The program is offered in multiple formats to a variety of audiences throughout the year.
- Community Business On Board: Approximately 6 sessions are held twice a year (Feb/Sept) and are open to anyone to attend. They are offered in convenient half-day formats in Central, Northern and Southern AZ locations. The cost to attend ranges from $59-$89 per person. Alliance members always receive special pricing.
- Private - Corporate OR Nonprofit Business On Board: Small, medium or large businesses or corporations can opt to hold a private Business On Board training for their employees, either at their location or offsite. Nonprofits can also opt to hold a private Business On Board training for their own board members. These sessions can be tailored to include information about the organization's volunteer or board service goals and objectives. We also offer a half-day "refresher" or customized courses for organizations whose employees/board already have some nonprofit experience, but who want to learn new trends, current best practices and new tips for effective leadership.
Click Here for additional details and pricing.
Host a Business on Board Training
If you are interested in holding a Business On Board training, please contact Michael Barry, Director of Capacity Building at firstname.lastname@example.org Or, click here to view a list of upcoming Community Business On Board training sessions.
Receive a Personal Notification for Upcoming Business on Board Trainings