We connect passionate, driven individuals with high impact community projects working to address poverty in Rural Arizona.
What is AmeriCorps VISTA?
AmeriCorps VISTA is a national service program designed specifically to fight poverty. Founded as Volunteers in Service to America in 1965 VISTA has been on the front lines in the fight against poverty in America for over 50 years.
AmeriCorps VISTA members make a year-long, full time commitment to serve on a specific project at a nonprofit organization or public agency. With passion, commitment and hard work, VISTA members bring individuals and communities out of poverty.
Projects can vary and are not limited to: developing outreach and marketing campaigns, building a social media presence, creating a program database, writing grants, managing a program in its first year, and recruiting volunteers.
Share your passion to serve:
AmeriCorps VISTA Leader
Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits
Community Outreach Specialist
Gila County Community Services, Globe, AZ
Coconino County Community Services, Flagstaff, AZ
Northeastern Arizona Community Resource Network, Show Low, AZ
United Fund, Globe, AZ
STEM Program Manager
Willcox Theatre, Willcox, AZ
Click here to find out more about the benefits of becoming an AmeriCorps VISTA member
To find out more about AmeriCorps or about becoming an Americorps VISTA, reach out to Tanya Burgess at Tanyab@ArizonaNonprofits.org or 602-344-4609
Be sure to check our Social Media @alliancevista
Is VISTA right for my organization?
Please carefully review the following to evaluate if our program is the right fit for your organization. The basic requirements of our VISTA sites are:
- VISTA projects must serve a statewide population or be located in Rural Arizona.
- VISTA projects must be capacity building (creating infrastructure, program development, organization outreach, grant writing, volunteer recruitment and management, etc.).
- VISTA projects can be hosted at a nonprofit organization or public agency.
- Projects must be sustainable beyond the length of the VISTA member's term.
- Partner Share Support- $9,500 annual fee ($500 recruitment fee, and $9,000 once a VISTA is placed with your organization).
What are the benefits of applying through the Alliance for an VISTA project?
- Dedicated VISTA program staff who understand the VISTA program and contributing factors to successful projects.
- The Alliance is responsible to complete the required VISTA reporting and administrative paperwork. This gives your organization more time and resources to devote directly to your project, and not the program requirements of AmeriCorps VISTA.
- Recruitment and enrollment assistance of the VISTA member.
- Initial and ongoing support to the VISTA member.
- Ongoing training and professional development for VISTA member.
If you are interested in becoming a host site, please contact Robin Hanson at email@example.com or 602-279-2966 x19.