Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits Statewide Conference is August 21 and 22
Monday, July 29, 2019
Posted by: Kristen Merrifield
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ALLIANCE OF ARIZONA NONPROFITS STATEWIDE CONFERENCE
IS AUGUST 21 AND 22
PHOENIX, Ariz. (July 29, 2019): Registration is now open for “Engage”, the Alliance of Arizona Nonprofit’s statewide conference to be held August 21 and 22 at the Desert Willow Conference Center in Phoenix from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day.
Members and non-members of the Alliance will participate in two full days of relevant programming with a lens towards engaging nonprofit staff, board and volunteers in effective leadership and collaboration for sustainability and success. The conference will feature more than 40 sessions covering topics from fundraising and capacity building to leadership and board governance.
The Alliance of Arizona Nonprofit’s annual conference is designed for all levels of staff, from EDs/CEOs and development teams, to program staff, and board members. Sessions will be taught at a variety of skill levels depending on complexity.
This year’s keynote speakers are:
• Tim Delaney, President and CEO of the National Council of Nonprofits. He will speak Wednesday, Aug. 21 at 9 a.m. His topic is Nonprofit Impact Matters: How America’s Charitable Nonprofits Strengthen Communities and Improve Lives.
• Sybil Francis, Ph.D., CEO and President, Center for the Future of Arizona. She will speak Wednesday, Aug. 21 at 12 p.m. Her topic is Building A Brighter Future Together.
• Kristen Merrifield, Chief Executive Officer, Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits. She will speak Thursday, Aug. 22 at 9 a.m. Her topic is Graduating From the Kiddie Table: How to Stand Up, Speak Out and Claim Our Seat as Equal and Collaborative Community Partners.
The conference serves as a way to engage with other nonprofit professionals and to discuss current topics of concern such as donor and board engagement, crisis communications, endowments, cultural health, sustainability, marketing, diversity in the workplace and financial leadership.
The conference also hosts sessions designed for nonprofit executives and young professionals. Sessions include speakers from Prevent Child Abuse Arizona, The Phoenix Symphony, Boys and Girls Club of Metro Phoenix and the State Bar of Arizona.
Registration is open and pricing ranges from $119 to $289. Registration includes breakfast and lunch each day, 4 keynote presentations and more than 40 breakout sessions to choose from.
A full speaker list can be found at www.aznonprofitconference.org.
The Summit is sponsored by J. R. Hollon & Associates, Vitalyst Health Foundation and Your Part-time Controller. Sponsorships and exhibiting opportunities are still available and can be reserved by contacting Jennifer Purcell, Director of Community Engagement, at JenniferP@arizonanonprofits.org or call 602-279-9166.
For more information about the Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits or to register for events, visit www.arizonanonprofits.org.
• Kristen Merrifield, CEO, Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits, (602) 279-2966.
• Steve Carr, The Kur Carr Group, Inc., (602) 317-3040
• Kate Crowley, Crowley Communications, (480) 277-4178
About the Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits: The Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits is a statewide trusted resource and advocate for the nonprofit community. The Alliance’s mission is to unite, strengthen and advance Arizona’s nonprofit sector and is comprised of more than 1,000 members – both nonprofits and those in the community who support them – across the state. Since 2004, the organization has been dedicated to furthering the common interests of Arizona’s nonprofit community and envisions an Arizona where all nonprofits are valued, empowered and thriving, with support from grassroots efforts like Arizona Gives Day. For more information, visit www.arizonanonprofits.org.