Business On Board
Service on a nonprofit Board of Directors can be one of the most rewarding ways to contribute your skills and experience to make a positive impact on the community. Nonprofits working hard to improve our state face enormous challenges, so they seek energetic, talented and qualified leaders to achieve their missions. However, not always do prospective board members have the tools and information to be the most successful. That's where Business on Board comes in.
Business on Board is designed to teach professionals what they need to know before joining a nonprofit board. Or, to give a much-needed refresher to current board members and other organization leaders. Expert speakers provide attendees with critical knowledge about nonprofit board service, including:
- An overview of nonprofits and their impact
- Basics of board roles & responsibilities (The 4 W's of Board Service)
- The Fiduciary role of board members
- The Legal Role of board members, and
- The Fundraising Role of board members
The program is offered in multiple formats to a variety of audiences throughout the year:
- Community Business on Boards: These sessions are held four times a year and are open to anyone to attend. They are offered in convenient half-day formats or more in-depth full day sessions in Central, Northern and Southern AZ locations. The cost to attend ranges from $29-$99 depending on format and length. Alliance members always receive special pricing.
- Corporate Business on Boards: Small, medium or large businesses or corporations can opt to hold a private Business on Board training for their employees, either at their location or offsite. These sessions can be tailored to include information about the company's volunteer or board service goals and objectives. The cost to host a full-day Corporate Business on Board is $5,000, for up to 25 attendees, which includes customized binders and materials for all participants. Additional attendees may be added for a small fee to cover materials. Corporate clients are responsible for providing any desired food & beverage.
- Nonprofit Business on Boards: We also offer the private Business on Board option for nonprofit organizations for a reduced fee of $4,000, for up to 25 attendees, which includes customized binders and materials for all participants. Additional attendees may be added for a small fee to cover materials.
If you are interested in holding a Business on Board training, please contact Jennifer Purcell at email@example.com. Or, click here to view an list of upcoming public Business on Board training.