Nonprofits: Show Your GuideStar Profile Some Love
Thursday, May 4, 2017
Nonprofits: Show Your GuideStar Profile Some Love (5/4/17)
Click HERE for original article.
Share Your Story With Millions
Updating your GuideStar Nonprofit Profile ensures that prospective donors and funders will find the accurate, timely information about your organization. Your information will be seen by the 7 million users who visit GuideStar each year and millions more who visit the 200 charitable applications and websites that are powered by GuideStar.
Updating your profile is FREE for all nonprofits.
Questions about updating your profile? Visit our support center in the GuideStar Community to get direct assistance and answers to our frequently asked questions.
Four great reasons to update your GuideStar Nonprofit Profile:
1) Manage your organization's online identity.
You have the power to choose what millions of people see about your organization each year. Getting the most up-to-date and complete information to the public means that you are sharing your organization's full story.
2) Increase funding.
When you share information through your GuideStar Nonprofit Profile, you have the opportunity to increase funding for your organization.
- Update the information that powers every major U.S.-based donor-advised fund.
- Activate a donate button right on your profile.
- Get your most up-to-date information to the tens of thousands of foundations that use GuideStar data.
- Sign up to receive real-time alerts when there is a change to your organization's IRS status.
3) Save time with your grant applications.
Your grant applications can now be prepopulated with hundreds of data fields you've already updated on your GuideStar Nonprofit Profile. In support of the Simplify initiative, your profile information can be pulled straight into participating grants management software, saving you time and resources.
4) Get discounts on products.
Unlock additional discounts on products and services exclusively available to participants at the Gold, Silver, and Bronze levels.
Ever wonder where people see and use your GuideStar Nonprofit Profile information?
- Network for Good
- Dozens of online giving portals
- All major U.S.-based donor-advised funds,such as Fidelity Charitable
- More than 35,000 staff from private foundations, such as the California Endowment
- More than 16 leading community foundations
Our new GuideStar Nonprofit Profiles give your organization a free platform to clearly describe the issues you're tackling. You can share how you're currently going about that work and how you plan to continue efforts in the future. Learn more about the new profiles here or get started by claiming and updating your organization profile right now!
How to Update Your Profile
1) Click here to claim your organization's profile.
You'll be prompted to sign in or create an account on GuideStar. Then, you will be asked for your organization's Employer Identification Number (EIN) and given the opportunity to request permission to manage the profile. GuideStar's nonprofit customer service team will review and process your request within 1 to 2 business days.
2) Jump right in and start editing.
After receiving e-mail notification that your request has been approved, start updating.
After publishing changes to your profile, you will receive a confirmation e-mail from GuideStar, and your new information will be updated on GuideStar within 48 hours.
The types of information you'll need to update your organization's profile
- Contact information
- Social media usernames
- Founding information
- Most recent IRS Form 990 or audited financial statement
- A staff list
- Mission statement
- List of your programs and what you're measuring
- Strategy documents that focus on what your organization is aiming to accomplish, how you'll get there, and what progress you've made