Power Writing for Nonprofits:
Principles of Clarity and Structure
Clear, compelling writing is vital to all your on-the-job writing projects -- not just grant proposals. In this hands-on workshop, you'll learn and practice simple, powerful and often overlooked techniques that will have you writing more clearly, quickly and confidently -- right away. The focus is on presenting your message in a way that makes it as easy as possible for your reader to understand -- so you get the results you want. Topics include:
- The big myths and misconceptions that could be sabotaging your writing without your even knowing it
- Three fundamental strategies for writing so clearly your reader cannot possibly misunderstand your message;
- Key techniques and tools to help you organize your material for maximum impact;
- Ten steps for busting through the deadly 12-12-12 Scenario and bringing your writing to life
- Figuring it out: Who are your readers, what do they need from you … and how do you make sure you deliver?
- Advice from the top writing pros on editing, proofreading, and revising
- BONUS RESOURCES: Everything Else You Always Wanted to Know About Good Writing (But Never Had the Chance to Ask)
Cost: $35 Members, $45 Non-Members
Save $10 at check out if you register for the July 18 The Total-Value Budget webinar as well.
All paid registrants will have access to a link of the recorded webinar after it has been completed.
Brought To You By The Following Alliance Supporters:
The Presenter: Maryn Boess
Maryn Boess is a veteran nonprofit professional, social entrepreneur, and leader in capacity-building and grantsmanship training.
Over her 20+-year career in the nonprofit world, Maryn has been an on-staff program developer and grantwriter; an independent grants consultant; a grants project manager; a grants trainer; a grants reviewer, author, speaker, mentor and coach; and - yes - for the past 10 years, even a grantmaker.
Maryn’s grant proposals won more than $42 million for her clients in a single ten-year period. Since 2000 she has focused on creating and delivering a portfolio of high-quality, low-cost grants information tools, resources, and workshops shared by thousands of nonprofits nationwide. For the past 10 years Maryn has also been “in the grantmaker’s chair," managing up to $2 million annually in grantmaking for K-12 education in the Southwest.
Maryn moved from Arizona to the Pacific Northwest in 2011 and travels nationally to offer her workshops on practical strategies for healthy, successful grantseeking. GrantsMagic U, launched in Fall 2015 at U.GrantsMagic.org, is the "virtual academy" she created to make her extensive portfolio of practical and inspiring trainings on successful grantsmanship available (and affordable!) for anyone, anytime, anywhere.