August Educational Luncheon *NEW DATE*
The Association of Fundraising Professionals - Greater Arizona Chapter is coming back in August for the start of their fall luncheon series. Join them on August 9 at the Foothills Recreation & Aquatics Center in Glendale.
State law regulates fundraising activities yet many non-profits are not informed on the numerous laws outside of Arizona. Join us as Ellis Carter, attorney with Caritas Law Group, P.C., helps non-profit leaders and fundraising professionals navigate the complicated arena of multi-state fundraising regulations.
- The rise of state regulators in nonprofit law enforcement
- The application of multi-state laws regulating charitable solicitation
- The application of multi-state laws to charitable sales promotions
- Exemptions and exclusions that may apply
- The application of laws to nonprofits’ online activities
- The legal and ethical implications of failing to comply
- Strategies for managing all of the above.
Ellis McGehee Carter exclusively represents, nonprofit, tax-exempt and mission based businesses with respect to corporate, tax and regulatory matters as well as donors with respect to major gifts. Ellis spent 13 years practicing with large firms, forming Caritas Law Group (formerly Carter Law Group) in 2010.
Ellis has particular experience working with private foundations, hospitals and healthcare institutions, charter and private schools, museums and arts organizations.
Wednesday, August 9 *NEW DATE*
Location: Foothills Recreation & Aquatics Center
5600 W. Union Hills Dr., Glendale, AZ 85308
Meet & Greet: 11:30am - Noon
Luncheon: Noon – 1:30pm
COST: Members $30.00/ Non-members $45.00
Click here to register!
AFP encourages you to pre-register for the luncheon prior to the deadline of 12 noon on Tuesday, August 1, 2017. If registering on-site the day of the luncheon, please note the cost increase and that we cannot guarantee a meal. ALL 'no shows' will be charged. Thank you for your cooperation.